Knowledge is Power! A knowledgeable person cannot be deceived. Someone who doesn’t read wallows in ignorance and is like a time bomb waiting to explode. Someone once said, “Your position in five years from now will be determined by two things: first, the books you read; and second, the friends you keep.” There are three categories of people in life where reading is concerned: Those who don’t read, those who buy books but don’t read it, and those who buy and read the book. If I may ask: to which category do you belong? A man who can read but chooses not to read, is not better than a man who cannot read. The world belongs to those who “know”.
In this book, you will learn:
• How to spark a renewed passion for reading
• The importance of reading
• The dangers of not reading
• How to become a solution provider by knowledge
• How to set up a personal development library
• How to become an “A” Student at school
• How to become a better leader in both the private and public sectors.
• How to become an excellent teacher in teaching your students
• How to become a star employee at work through knowledge acquisition
• How to become a better parent in aiding your child’s education
• Ways to revive the reading culture in our society
“There is no doubt that _Readers are Leaders_ is a valuable addition to the collection of every Nigerian that believes in improving the reading culture of Nigerians. Dr. Elvis Ukpaka has done an excellent job. He deserves the commendation of all Nigerians who believe in Nigeria becoming a knowledge society. I have no hesitation in recommending this book to all Nigerians irrespective of their status.”
– Professor Lenrie Olatokunbo Aina
National Librarian/ Chief Executive Officer
National Library of Nigeria, Abuja
“The book is a treasure. In it, the good, the challenging and the lessons of the times wait for the person with the discipline to explore its bowels. Elvis Ukpaka scopes and elucidates on the truism of leaders as readers who found the light between the pages.”
– Prof. Pat Utomi
Chairman, Centre for Values in Leadership
“The Book “Readers are Leaders” is a compendium of information on the culture of reading. In the book, Dr. Elvis Ukpaka challenges leaders to read as a means of acquiring knowledge to be able to address the issues that face them and those they lead.”
– Dr. Cosmas Maduka CON
Founder/Chairman, Coscharis Group
There are no reviews yet.